It’s October, so you know what that means?
TIME TO PLAN FOR NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH. THAT’S WHAT IT MEANS.
Sorry for the shouting. *ahem* Just really excited.
So these past few days I’ve been vigerously preparing for NaNoWriMo. Last year I won with my novel I had been playing around with in my mind ever since, honestly, Middle School. This year I hope to win again with the second draft of said bastard. I’ve already started my survival kit which includes:
- Breakfast Blend Coffee, Chamomile Tea, or hot Butterbeer from Starbucks
- Snacks (usually includes whatever chip I currently like or any chocolate I can get my hands on)
- Hemingway Editor
- Comfy clothes
- Blankets and Pillows
- Flashdrive (if you don’t have one to use for NaNoWriMo…GET ONE.)
- Medium-Small Moleskine Journal for sketching characters, plot, scenes, and world building.
- Sharpie Pen (or some non-bleeding felt-tip pen)
- Plot Board (a tri-poster board where I plot scenes)
- Old NaNoWriMo’14 Notes (which I now keep stored in organized file folders)
- Random Writing, Scenes, Drabbles
- World Building
- NaNoWriMo’15 (anything written after NaNoWriMo’14)
- Writing Buddies
- My close friend Natalie
- My boyfriend Dakota (usually only because I force him to help me)
- Post-It Notes
- Cheap One-Subject Notebook (for when I’m away from my laptop and need to write down a scene, idea, or whatever)
- NaNoWriMo Forums